Wednesday, July 31, 2013

I got something in my eye...

Alright, those who know me know that I mostly use cloth diapers on my son.  And they ROCK.  I love, love, love them.  Even experiences like the one I'm about to tell you about wouldn't make me love my cloth diapers any less.  

Now those of you who haven't seen a cloth diaper since 1934 are probably wondering why the heck I use cloth diapers, and where I might have been since disposable diapers were invented back in 1940.  Well for your information, cloth diapers are pretty much exactly like disposables these days except you can throw them in the washing machine and re-use them.  They even have velcro!  Now you're probably thinking, "OMG you put POOP in your washing machine???".  No, not really.  They have these handy little diaper sprayers and you hold your nose and carry the dirty diaper into the bathroom and spray it off into the toilet and flush.  That's where that kind of stuff goes, ya know.  
poop spraying thing-a-ma-bob
So there I am, spraying shit that could not have possibly come from this little tiny baby into the toilet, using great care to not splash anything out.  I stop spraying for a moment to get a better grip on the diaper, and resume spraying.  Except while flipping the diaper around, I was also subconsciously flipping the sprayer around.  Anyone who has USED one of these sprayers knows that they have quite a kick! I'm guessing you see where this is going, and you're probably right.  It was like a power washer of toilet water straight to my face.  It blasted the shower curtain, which bounced the toilet water off and onto my shoulders and back because THANK GOD our shower curtain is water-repellent - can't have that thing getting wet of course! 

The silver lining in this, and I know fellow moms can relate, is that it was only like 3:30 in the afternoon and I still hadn't showered so at least a coveted shower hadn't gone to waste! 

No comments:

Post a Comment